Monday 16 May 2016

Finished Objects



I have some finished objects I’d like to share with you. I’m really pleased with how these have turned out, particularly because they are my own designs.

First up is Solar, so named because of the sunshine colours and ‘rays’ that are produced by the pattern. I’ve wrote this pattern up and have added it to Ravelry as a pdf download. It’s free, so if you would like a copy, please click here.






Hopefully they will feel like 'walking on sunshine'.

Next up is Spring Moss. I had a couple of balls of Debbie Bliss Rialto Lace, which I didn’t know what to do with. I wasn’t keen on using it as a lace weight, so I decided to hold it double and use it as a 4ply.

It’s a really soft yarn made of 100% extra fine Merino wool and I thought it would be perfect for a cuddly soft cowl. I wanted the design to have different textures for visual interest as well as knitting interest.







Again, I’ve wrote the pattern up for this and I will be publishing it on Ravelry at a later date. I want to knit it again, to double check that the pattern is okay. When it’s available for download, I will give you an update. This too will be free for anyone who wants it.

Last but not least is Cirrus Cowl.


A small cowl that I can use when I go walking and happily shove it in a rucksack when I get too warm.

I had a ball of teal and one of aqua, both in 4ply, and wanted to combine the two together. I came up with a design that started with one, and then transferred into the other by a series of stripes. It reminded me of the striations in the cirrus cloud formation, hence the name. I’m not going to write this pattern up formally, but I have put comprehensive notes on my Ravelry project page for this. If you are interested, you can check it out here.




 As well as starting a new Spring Moss cowl in some of the Sock Yeah! yarn, that I bought the other week, I’m also working on an asymmetrical triangular shawl, of my own design.
So, I’ve plenty to keep me busy.

I hope, like me, you are enjoying some of our, long awaited, spring sunshine. I’ve been busy giving the garden a thorough tidy up, so that I can sit out, with my tea and cake and enjoy the fruits of my labour.


Till next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment