Saturday 8 March 2014

Postcard Post - Getting Better

May I first say sorry for the delay since my last post. Things were busy in the run up to the wedding of my partner's Daughter, and since then I've been suffering quite a nasty chest infection. Today is the first day that I'm feeling a little bit better, and have the energy to do things again. The wedding went extremely well, and everyone had a great time. I have taken some photos and will post those at a later date.

At last, I do feel like spring is finally in the air. Sunshine has brought out the first blossoms on a couple of trees at the front of my house. That, along with feeling better, has lifted my mood. I feel like I could spring clean the whole house from top to bottom, although I know I don't have the energy for this yet! I did, however, have a little sort through of my old postcards and arty things and in amongst the postcards was this one. Which I thought was quite appropriate for the way I was feeling, and I had to share it with you.


I remember seeing it in an antique and collectors type of place, and I thought the picture was lovely. I then turned it over, not really expecting it to be written on, thinking it would have been bought just for the pretty picture. I had a real (out loud) ahhhh moment, when I had read what was on the back. The postcard was totally sold on me.

It reads:
Dear Miss Addis
Harold and I are nearly better now, and hope to go down stairs tomorrow from,
Wilfred

I bet Miss Addis, too, had an out loud ahhhh moment when she received this in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment